It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
Donj: Ever heard of correlation AND causation, dimwit? Children from stable families are better educated, healthier, happier and more successvul economically: about 4-1 ration. Children learn from their parents first and very, very strongly tend to model most of their behavior on the behavior of people they grow up with.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 13 hours ago