It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
Donj: Ever heard of correlation AND causation, dimwit? Children from stable families are better educated, healthier, happier and more successvul economically: about 4-1 ration. Children learn from their parents first and very, very strongly tend to model most of their behavior on the behavior of people they grow up with.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago