It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
Donj: Ever heard of correlation AND causation, dimwit? Children from stable families are better educated, healthier, happier and more successvul economically: about 4-1 ration. Children learn from their parents first and very, very strongly tend to model most of their behavior on the behavior of people they grow up with.
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 15 hours ago