Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
"Many will rant that I AM THE ONE that wants big Oppressive Gov, when all I do is want Gov out of the way of people's rights" That's where this nonsense of "forcing acceptance" comes in...to turn the argument on its head. "Oppressive Gov't wants to force me to accept this". No, they don't. They want to force you to TOLERATE it. That's what freedom is, pretty much: tolerating things you don't agree with. When you don't have to tolerate things you don't agree with, stop and look around: You'll see "Big, Oppressive Government", Comrade.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago