We have fallen off the jobs cliff. Many jobs have been taken by robots or foreign workers. For support the unemployed will have to tax money away from the robot owners or become subsistence farmers like the foreign workers were. There are few "skilled" positions to take and many people do not have the mental capacity to become skilled workers. In the past those people went into the wilderness and lived off the land. Now someone owns all the land and there are no unpopulated lands to emigrate to.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 4 hours ago