We have fallen off the jobs cliff. Many jobs have been taken by robots or foreign workers. For support the unemployed will have to tax money away from the robot owners or become subsistence farmers like the foreign workers were. There are few "skilled" positions to take and many people do not have the mental capacity to become skilled workers. In the past those people went into the wilderness and lived off the land. Now someone owns all the land and there are no unpopulated lands to emigrate to.
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago