We have fallen off the jobs cliff. Many jobs have been taken by robots or foreign workers. For support the unemployed will have to tax money away from the robot owners or become subsistence farmers like the foreign workers were. There are few "skilled" positions to take and many people do not have the mental capacity to become skilled workers. In the past those people went into the wilderness and lived off the land. Now someone owns all the land and there are no unpopulated lands to emigrate to.
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago