In response to:
The Farm Bill is pork (that's a pun) for commodity crops like cotton, corn, and wheat. Farmers finance, grow and sell most other food crops with no need of government intervention. I farmed potatoes. I could sell some to a potato chip company with an advance contract. I could sell some to a local packing plant to be bagged up and place in grocery stores. Some food prices might rise and it will take a while to unwind all the government programs and those dependent on them. The new problem with an old farm bill requiring the government buy milk at $6 a gallon could be solved with a presidential edict rescinding it. The president can send us to war with an emergency order, he can certainly lower the price of milk.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago