In response to:
The Farm Bill is pork (that's a pun) for commodity crops like cotton, corn, and wheat. Farmers finance, grow and sell most other food crops with no need of government intervention. I farmed potatoes. I could sell some to a potato chip company with an advance contract. I could sell some to a local packing plant to be bagged up and place in grocery stores. Some food prices might rise and it will take a while to unwind all the government programs and those dependent on them. The new problem with an old farm bill requiring the government buy milk at $6 a gallon could be solved with a presidential edict rescinding it. The president can send us to war with an emergency order, he can certainly lower the price of milk.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago