In response to:
The Farm Bill is pork (that's a pun) for commodity crops like cotton, corn, and wheat. Farmers finance, grow and sell most other food crops with no need of government intervention. I farmed potatoes. I could sell some to a potato chip company with an advance contract. I could sell some to a local packing plant to be bagged up and place in grocery stores. Some food prices might rise and it will take a while to unwind all the government programs and those dependent on them. The new problem with an old farm bill requiring the government buy milk at $6 a gallon could be solved with a presidential edict rescinding it. The president can send us to war with an emergency order, he can certainly lower the price of milk.
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 12 hours ago