In response to:
The Farm Bill is pork (that's a pun) for commodity crops like cotton, corn, and wheat. Farmers finance, grow and sell most other food crops with no need of government intervention. I farmed potatoes. I could sell some to a potato chip company with an advance contract. I could sell some to a local packing plant to be bagged up and place in grocery stores. Some food prices might rise and it will take a while to unwind all the government programs and those dependent on them. The new problem with an old farm bill requiring the government buy milk at $6 a gallon could be solved with a presidential edict rescinding it. The president can send us to war with an emergency order, he can certainly lower the price of milk.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago