In response to:
With automation and global trade there are not enough jobs to go around. We don't need more farm workers, mill workers, store clerks. Any thing you can make to sell is available cheaper and better made at Walmart. There aren't enough yards to mow, hair cuts needed, or papers to sale. Only a third of the population has a job now and 20% of those jobs are non-productive government jobs. We can't afford to give everyone a new car and their own home but food and basic healthcare is easily doable.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago