In response to:
With automation and global trade there are not enough jobs to go around. We don't need more farm workers, mill workers, store clerks. Any thing you can make to sell is available cheaper and better made at Walmart. There aren't enough yards to mow, hair cuts needed, or papers to sale. Only a third of the population has a job now and 20% of those jobs are non-productive government jobs. We can't afford to give everyone a new car and their own home but food and basic healthcare is easily doable.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Politico: Retirements the key to a GOP Senate win Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Canadian, British leaders struggle with homegrown Islamic radicalism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago