In response to:
With automation and global trade there are not enough jobs to go around. We don't need more farm workers, mill workers, store clerks. Any thing you can make to sell is available cheaper and better made at Walmart. There aren't enough yards to mow, hair cuts needed, or papers to sale. Only a third of the population has a job now and 20% of those jobs are non-productive government jobs. We can't afford to give everyone a new car and their own home but food and basic healthcare is easily doable.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago