In response to:
GE is a multinational company. That means they sell their products in foreign countries. Those profits are taxed in those countries. GE had losses and deductible expenses on US sales that caused a net loss for US sales. No profit, no tax due. If you want companies to pay taxes on foreign profits lobby your congressman to change US tax law.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago