In response to:
GE is a multinational company. That means they sell their products in foreign countries. Those profits are taxed in those countries. GE had losses and deductible expenses on US sales that caused a net loss for US sales. No profit, no tax due. If you want companies to pay taxes on foreign profits lobby your congressman to change US tax law.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 17 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago