In response to:
GE is a multinational company. That means they sell their products in foreign countries. Those profits are taxed in those countries. GE had losses and deductible expenses on US sales that caused a net loss for US sales. No profit, no tax due. If you want companies to pay taxes on foreign profits lobby your congressman to change US tax law.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago