In response to:
GE is a multinational company. That means they sell their products in foreign countries. Those profits are taxed in those countries. GE had losses and deductible expenses on US sales that caused a net loss for US sales. No profit, no tax due. If you want companies to pay taxes on foreign profits lobby your congressman to change US tax law.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 17 mins ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 56 mins ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago