In response to:
GE is a multinational company. That means they sell their products in foreign countries. Those profits are taxed in those countries. GE had losses and deductible expenses on US sales that caused a net loss for US sales. No profit, no tax due. If you want companies to pay taxes on foreign profits lobby your congressman to change US tax law.
I have a serious question for readers. What’s worse, bailouts for government or bailouts for the private sector?
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago