After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
Oppressive gun control measures will stop these types of shootings. If gun collections are hidden away from police searches or kept locked-up at a target range, delusional young men will not be able to gather up an arsenal and go on a shooting spree. Common criminals will of course have plenty of weapons but they would have no desire to massacre a school room full of first graders. Survivalist types will have their guns buried away some place and only dig them up if they feel really threatened. These are grown men and not the type to shoot up a school either. The Liberals know this. If you want to keep your guns, bury them, or surrender them to the target range, the house to house searches are coming.
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 54 mins ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago