Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
We have been engaging the enemy on his territory. Since 1951 we have NOT won any of those engagements, except Granada. Our military is primarily a jobs program. One that Republicans and Democrats will defend to the death.
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago