If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago