And while this strategy is nothing new in the American experience, it has never served a group better than it’s served those practicing homosexual behavior in the U.S—a group that constitutes approximately 1.4 percent of our population according to the Centers for Disease Control, yet successfully gives the impression that its numbers are...
The only study that ever reported 10% was the Kinsey study. Unfortunately, (for the activists), Kinsey's results could never be independently verified, or duplicated. Kinsey's original study, heralded and celebrated, was found to suffer from selection bias. He deliberately chose prisoners who had experimented with homosexuality while in prison or who were locked up for homosexual behavior. Others in his sample group were prisoners who were locked up for deviant sexual crimes. This skewed the results, making the behavior seem to be much more prevalent than it is. The homosexual lobby however, repeats the 10%, acknowledging candidly that it is fake, as 1) a lie repeated often enough becomes true, and 2) the "other side lies too".
It seems that more and more, a small contingent in America is constantly pressuring the majority of Americans to acquiesce to their demands. And to achieve success, the contingent exaggerates its own numbers, so as to seem less peripheral than it really is.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 9 hours ago