Okay, the first leg of the fight on the constitutionality of Obamacare got under way yesterday and set a great tone for those looking to retain rights for individuals and preserve the balance of power in Washington. Today is the big day; however, the individual mandate gets two hours of argument. The notion is the federal government can make you buy a product you may not want or make you pay a penalty. I interviewed Grace Marie Turner, president of the Galen Institute on Payne Nation and she said the law would cost the average family $20,000 a year, every year,...
It's a taxing penalty, or a penalizing tax. No matter what you cal it it's a fine for non-compliance--at least the IRS gestapo's satisfaction.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014