In 2000, a Democratic operative orchestrated an "October surprise" attack on George W. Bush, revealing that 24 years earlier, he'd been arrested for drunk driving. The...
As tragic as this is, concerned citizens need to question strategically in order to pry the MSM from their talking points and deflate (bogus) charges of politicization. Their line is that "independent" investigation needs to proceed without interference. Fine. Perhaps we can pause on the who knew what when. HOWEVER the retort then, at THIS point in this sad game, should always be a demand to know WHY WHY WHY they blamed (PROMOTED) the video when THEY did not have sufficient intelligence or evidence! Rice on Sunday shows was one thing. Pushing it at the casket ceremony and the UN? an apology for it on Pakistani TV? What is the MSM talking point for that??
If you want to understand why conservatives have lost faith in the so-called mainstream media, you need to ponder the question: Where is the Benghazi feeding frenzy? Unlike some of my colleagues on the right, I don't think there's a conspiracy at work. Rather, I think journalists tend to act on their instincts (some even brag about this; you could look it up). And, collectively, the mainstream media's instincts run liberal, making groupthink inevitable.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago