Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
MrL53 (Comrade L) might like to check out the SCOTUS decisions in 2008 and 2010 before he starts yammering about his interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. In 2008 in District of Columbia vs Heller the court ruled that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia. In 2010 in McDonald vs. Chicago they ruled that the 2nd Amendment also limits state and local governments to the extent that it limits the federal government.
- IRS: The evolution of a scandal in the president’s mind Mary Katharine Ham 34 minutes ago
- Uh oh: House Democrats ready to blow up Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Charlie Cook: This is one of the most dramatic shifts in a generic congressional ballot I’ve ever seen jeffdunetz 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: If South Africa’s apartheid government could see the error of its ways, why can’t the GOP? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sensenbrenner: Clapper needs to be prosecuted for lying to Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Gallup: 52% want to scale back or repeal ObamaCare — down from 57% in early 2011; Update: Young adults expect law to be repealed Allahpundit 4 hours ago