I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
Usually I ignore the times as just another liberal rag esposing the lefts' talking points. Conservatives are not the ones in trouble, the country is in trouble. Yes the future looks bleak and will probably get worse before it gets better. Conservatives, true conservatives just need to stay true to their conscience and not compromise their morals or ideals.
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago