The FEC's rules specifically contemplate a 'press exception' - sounds reasonable, right. Until you realize that the government now gets to decide who is in the press and who isn't.
The Left’s assault on the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision got high exposure at the 2011 State of the Union when the president famously insulted his robed hostages. The fallout continues, notably in Colorado.
Several measures have been proposed here, dedicated to the proposition the First Amendment and Supreme Court protect too much speech; government should tighten the muzzle. An initiative headed for November’s ballot instructs Colorado Senators and Representatives to support a Constitutional Amendment, allowing government freer rein to restrict political speech. But the logic reaches much further. Backers seem clueless about the knife they’re holding to liberty’s...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 11 hours ago