It is difficult of course, but my guess is that the $30bn is the amount that he is referring to as the $40bn debtor-in-possession financing that the government provided while GM operated in bankruptcy.
The Democratic convention took place in an alternative universe in which Mitt Romney wanted a very ominous "bankruptcy" for General Motors and Chrysler -- a catastrophic event that would have put millions out of work. Alternatively, speaker after speaker kept telling us, President Barack Obama implemented a "rescue" that saved all those jobs and avoid that fateful "bankruptcy." It's as if, somehow, not a single Democrat remembers the historic bankruptcy filings by Chrysler on April 30, 2009 and General Motors on June 1, 2009. Which is pretty weird, because they were among the largest bankruptcies in history.
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago