enthustic but less so than in the beginning. Then a hiccup occurs: a recession or a law suit or some minor reversal of fortune. This triggers the staff and the officers to become very concerned about the economic stability of the organization. Outside sources of income are actively pursued. The staff and the organization’s administration devote more time to developing this alternate income stream which they see as key to the survival of the organization as an entity and thus their jobs. As the organization becomes less and less dependent on member support, it is less interested in the members. More efforts are focused on outside income in an effort to replace direct member support and the death spiral begins. The organization becomes a s
In the aftermath of the Obama presidential election, healthcare reform became an intensely debated political issue, and the American Medical Association (AMA) had a difficult time deciding their position on the Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare). In 2009, the AMA initially announced that they could not support President Obama'a plan for healthcare reform. One week later, they abruptly reversed course, proclaiming that they were completely behind his plan; support which proved critical for passage of this bill. Two weeks ago, the AMA announced their version of a premium support plan for Medicare, which would be introduced and debated during their...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago