Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Chill. I believe that he was asking that question with the knowledge that that was the exact case.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 6 hours ago