Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
If someone as unintelligent as Waters can rise to the level she has risen, this is truly a miraculous land of opportunity. Thanks, Waters, I already pay enough in taxes. Perhaps if she acknowledges that the high income-earners are also both American and taxpayers just like the middle class (with the noted exception that we pay far more in taxes than they make) she will begin to see just how ludicrous her statements are. Any middle-class wage earners out there pay more than 40% of their income of more than 140k in taxes at all levels last year? No? Shocking, to know that Waters is just using class envy and lies to enact socialistic reform.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago