The Warthog is so ugly, it's beautiful. Just a week ago two A-10s overflew my office at about 150 ft. Loud and very cool. I guessed that they were from Fort Indiantown Gap.

Slavery Reparations

CVN65 Wrote: Jun 18, 2014 2:48 PM
I'll give him fifty to change it back. Even if the reparations hustle gets through, sold as the final step to reconciliation and the end to racial disparity, it wouldn't last long. It'd be about ten minutes later that Al and Jesse started to refer to the one-time massive payment as the "down payment" and began agitating for a series of massive payments. They'd get to help decide who got the cash with a nice cut coming towards them.
well the 2nd does apply to Congress or the Federal govt. The individual states get to make those restrictions if the citizens there decide it is so. It is of note that the other rights do not seem to get similarly restricted, though. I wonder if all of these states have laws specifically noting the acceptance of valid out-of-state drivers' licenses.

The Sexual Humor in Not Having Sex

CVN65 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 11:54 AM
Good for you. I truly hope that this does not give your future wife a feeling that she has an impossible standard to match. I mean that. I hope you find a girl with similar beliefs and that you have a respectful, blazing hot love for each other. No one will deserve to get some more than both of you.

The Sexual Humor in Not Having Sex

CVN65 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 11:52 AM
Excellent SW reference.

The Sexual Humor in Not Having Sex

CVN65 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 11:51 AM
He is referring to the old saw. "Every time you have sex in your first year of marriage, place a jellybean (or marble) in a bowl. Every time you have sex after the first year of marriage, take one out. You'll never empty that bowl." Funny that that seemed the case in my marriage until about six months ago. Not sure what changed. But I am liking it.

Beware a Beneficent Government

CVN65 Wrote: Jun 12, 2014 9:39 AM
So what do we do?
Hey, the rich get taxed very hard. Not the trust-funders but the people that actually work for their income.
Yes. Because those that have financed their own educations, worked hard, and played by the rules should absolutely be responsible for paying for the student loans of complete strangers.
Sigh. How does this level of incompetence come to be the leader of this nation?

Three Cords And The Truth

CVN65 Wrote: Jun 10, 2014 1:01 PM
Crazy. Either you know the stuff or you do not. Staring at a question for two minutes won't make the correct answer pop off of the page. If you don't look at the question and know the answer immediately then you're guessing. Make your best guess and move on. There are very few people with slow reading and processing skills that need this extra time. I can't see how the others' would even benefit from more time to agonize over the questions which they cannot answer. Then again, I have always been the first person out of a test because I don't perseverate or second-guess.