If no one seems to care that the Titanic is filling with water, why not drill another hole in it? That seems to be the M.O. of the Bernanke Federal Reserve. After the announcement of QE3 (also dubbed "QE Infinity") created yet another round of media chatter about a recovery, the Fed's Open Market Committee has decided to push infinity a little bit further. The latest move involves the rolling over of long-term Treasuries purchased as part of Operation Twist, thereby more than doubling QE3 to a monthly influx of $85 billion in phony money starting in...
I heard a story about that one (coming soon to country, or Calif. near you) how a German woman took her wheel barrow to the bakery (full of money) to buy some bread. She couldn't get it through the door of the bakery, so, she left it outside the bakery and went in! She informed the baker she couldn't get it through the door, that she needed help! So, they went outside to retrieve the wheel barrow only to find that a thief had stolen the wheel barrow, the money, he left behind! Ah, yes, the good old days!
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 3 hours ago