As a parent of a home schooled child, I'm against "school choice" as it's presently defined. I don't want the US Government to have it's hand in redistributing money to private schools or back to home schooling households. Why?? Because everything the government touches it wants to control. If we let the government "redistribute" our money back to us, then it will come up will all kinds of rules to govern what we have to do in order to get our own money back. These rules will be designed to make both private and home schools as inept as public schools. Actually, I want the Fed Gov to take it's hands out of the LOCAL public school system all together and let LOCAL governments control how they raise money for their schools.
- Live video: 70th anniversary of liberation of Auschwitz Ed Morrissey 15 mins ago
- In Alabama, gay lawmaker threatens to out colleagues’ marital affairs Jazz Shaw 44 mins ago
- Video: Army has charged Bergdahl with desertion, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- There’s no need to freak out over a “national car-tracking database” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hope? Nope, cynicism is the reaction the Obama presidency has earned Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago