As a parent of a home schooled child, I'm against "school choice" as it's presently defined. I don't want the US Government to have it's hand in redistributing money to private schools or back to home schooling households. Why?? Because everything the government touches it wants to control. If we let the government "redistribute" our money back to us, then it will come up will all kinds of rules to govern what we have to do in order to get our own money back. These rules will be designed to make both private and home schools as inept as public schools. Actually, I want the Fed Gov to take it's hands out of the LOCAL public school system all together and let LOCAL governments control how they raise money for their schools.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago