As a parent of a home schooled child, I'm against "school choice" as it's presently defined. I don't want the US Government to have it's hand in redistributing money to private schools or back to home schooling households. Why?? Because everything the government touches it wants to control. If we let the government "redistribute" our money back to us, then it will come up will all kinds of rules to govern what we have to do in order to get our own money back. These rules will be designed to make both private and home schools as inept as public schools. Actually, I want the Fed Gov to take it's hands out of the LOCAL public school system all together and let LOCAL governments control how they raise money for their schools.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Who’s ready for a Marie Harf grilling over Clinton email scandal? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Abandon the fantasy. Hillary isn’t going anywhere Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ben Carson: You know what, I’m done talking about gay rights from now on Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Smelling blood in the water, Biden’s 2016 juggernaut seizes on Clinton’s woes Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Walker: I’ll sign a ban on late-term abortions Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago