As a parent of a home schooled child, I'm against "school choice" as it's presently defined. I don't want the US Government to have it's hand in redistributing money to private schools or back to home schooling households. Why?? Because everything the government touches it wants to control. If we let the government "redistribute" our money back to us, then it will come up will all kinds of rules to govern what we have to do in order to get our own money back. These rules will be designed to make both private and home schools as inept as public schools. Actually, I want the Fed Gov to take it's hands out of the LOCAL public school system all together and let LOCAL governments control how they raise money for their schools.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 11 hours ago