The FF industry serves 50 million Americans daily. Due to that volume and the competition for it during the prolonged Obama recession, the margins have grown exceedingly thin. But watch what happens when FF chains have to double their compensation plans to accommodate the minimum wage increases. Restaurants will close. Fewer entry-level jobs will be available and more Americans will be paid to do nothing. As the country gets dumber, we all get poorer.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 4 hours ago