Enough Pot Happy Talk

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 06, 2014 4:59 PM
After marijuana is legalized across the country and we then struggle with the impacts of two legal intoxicants, we'll begin to hear that cocaine in small amounts is a fun, recreational drug and should be legalized. By the way, how long will it be before there are laws stating that acceptable levels of THC can be in the bloodstreams of train engineers, pilots, cops, fireman, etc.? Will it be OK for your heart surgeon to be just a teeny bit stoned before he cracks open your chest? How about the doctor removing your cataracts? Or your vasectomy?

Enough Pot Happy Talk

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 06, 2014 4:42 PM
Excellent points. When I used to smoke and eat pot, I did so because I had lots of issues in my life. Once I was high, I also felt the need to consume other drugs. Eventually, the pot high got a little boring. No one talks about that. After several years of use, I started getting really paranoid. People who understate the effects of marijuana do a great disservice to others.

Enough Pot Happy Talk

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 06, 2014 4:38 PM
Can you document your claims of pot-only usage?

Enough Pot Happy Talk

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 06, 2014 4:36 PM
Do you deny that marijuana impairs the brain, affects memory and judgment, and can be at least psychologically addictive?

Enough Pot Happy Talk

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 06, 2014 4:32 PM
As a pot smoker in the 1970s, I developed a psychological (and likely physical) addiction, leading to daily use. I couldn't function socially without being high. Pot smoking led to more powerful drugs (that I somehow didn't adopt probably due to their cost), along with a pronounced increase in alcohol consumption. I eventually quit pot because it was causing me to be paranoid and moody. I did, however, continue drinking, although gave that up too (decades later) due to its physical harm. Clean and sober since 2010, I've never been happier or felt better. Don't let anyone tell you that marijuana isn't a dangerous and powerful drug. Booze too!

The Year of the Dud

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 03, 2014 3:43 PM
Many of us knew Obama was an empty suit as early as 2007, but there were enough people hoodwinked by this "clean, articulate black guy" (to quote Uncle Joe Biden) that the country voted him in twice. Shame on him the first time; shame on us the second time around. And whether or not you agree with this post, the debt continues to explode. Our position in the world continues to erode. Islamic terrorism is growing. Are we having fun yet?

The War on Poverty at 50

Curt136 Wrote: Jan 03, 2014 3:28 PM
LBJ's massive spending programs were designed to buy votes and on that basis they have been enormously successful. Ninety-plus percent of blacks vote for the very party that keeps them dependent on the government dole. Free stuff is a powerful incentive to keep voting for Da Man.
Apparently increased carbon dioxide levels actually cause global cooling, not warming. Kind of like the Affordable Care Act is more expensive that private health insurance. In other words, when a liberal tells you something, you can be sure the opposite is true. (Actually more Co2 seems to have no impact on global temperatures.)
"Gee, Wally, what's all the fuss about? I thought we had the right to express our opinions. Is it still OK to have an opinion in America? "Well, Beaver, I guess as long as your opinion doesn't anger people who feel they're smarter and better than you, I guess it's OK." "Wally, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and maybe that way I'll stay out of trouble. But I feel like a big chicken when I do."

Triumph of The Vulgarians

Curt136 Wrote: Dec 13, 2013 1:38 PM
The budget bill is another type of obscenity. Sounds like you have other issues. Get a grip.
A billion dollars of personal wealth apparently doesn't improve your judgement.