In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
like most liberal arguments, there is a kernel of truth in the liberal assertion that we need the illegal invaders to do jobs that americans wont do. nevermind that toxic liberal policies are the reason that americans wont work. americans wont work because they dont have to. a large group are on welfare, which is essentially an agreement to raise liberal voters at taxpayer expense. almost without exception these liberal voters raised at taxpayer expense never work. then there is the new group. healthy 20's and 30's who cannot work because they are "got my disability". most of them are disabled due to "bipolar", which means they dont want to work, but like to be paid.
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago