In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
like most liberal arguments, there is a kernel of truth in the liberal assertion that we need the illegal invaders to do jobs that americans wont do. nevermind that toxic liberal policies are the reason that americans wont work. americans wont work because they dont have to. a large group are on welfare, which is essentially an agreement to raise liberal voters at taxpayer expense. almost without exception these liberal voters raised at taxpayer expense never work. then there is the new group. healthy 20's and 30's who cannot work because they are "got my disability". most of them are disabled due to "bipolar", which means they dont want to work, but like to be paid.
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago