In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
like most liberal arguments, there is a kernel of truth in the liberal assertion that we need the illegal invaders to do jobs that americans wont do. nevermind that toxic liberal policies are the reason that americans wont work. americans wont work because they dont have to. a large group are on welfare, which is essentially an agreement to raise liberal voters at taxpayer expense. almost without exception these liberal voters raised at taxpayer expense never work. then there is the new group. healthy 20's and 30's who cannot work because they are "got my disability". most of them are disabled due to "bipolar", which means they dont want to work, but like to be paid.
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago