The trial of the alleged masterminds of 9/11, which began last week at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, will address some of the most profound issues of our era. Are natural rights truly inalienable, as Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence, or can the government take them away from those it hates or fears? Does the Constitution protect the rights of all persons who come in contact with the government, or does it protect only certain Americans, as the government argues? Can the government deny a person due process by changing the rules retroactively, or...
Judge - usually right, but these scumbags are not American citizens and have no rights under our constitution. They should have been exterminated already!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago