And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Great column, Ms. West. Men are no better than women, but that doesn't mean that we are the same. I can't believe that on top of worrying about my two sons getting drafted someday, I now will have to worry about my daughter too. This certainly isn't what our grandfathers fought wars for.. Lord help us.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 8 hours ago