And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Great column, Ms. West. Men are no better than women, but that doesn't mean that we are the same. I can't believe that on top of worrying about my two sons getting drafted someday, I now will have to worry about my daughter too. This certainly isn't what our grandfathers fought wars for.. Lord help us.
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago