And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Great column, Ms. West. Men are no better than women, but that doesn't mean that we are the same. I can't believe that on top of worrying about my two sons getting drafted someday, I now will have to worry about my daughter too. This certainly isn't what our grandfathers fought wars for.. Lord help us.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago