A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
I would say the period from about 1948 until 1963, or so. I know that Mick wasn't asking a serious question, but there it is. I am just about Jess' age and feel exactly the same way.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 12 hours ago