A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
I would say the period from about 1948 until 1963, or so. I know that Mick wasn't asking a serious question, but there it is. I am just about Jess' age and feel exactly the same way.
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago