A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
I would say the period from about 1948 until 1963, or so. I know that Mick wasn't asking a serious question, but there it is. I am just about Jess' age and feel exactly the same way.
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 53 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago