So, they agreed that the solution to racial discrimination is more racial discrimination. And they wonder why folks don't think much of politicians.
Jonah may be right in substance, but I think that it is a major strategic error to start sending signals that the election doesn't really matter, as it would have if only Newt or somebody else had won the primaries. If the line develops that Mitt is less than a great answer, some conservative-leaning voters might just decide to stay home. We cannot afford that, especially in Ohio, Florida, etc.
Um, who paid for the solar recharger?
Last I heard, the govt was subsidizing Volts at upwards of $200k per copy, and that's not counting the 'credit' given to buyers. Patriotism didn't used to cost other people so much.

After the Olympics: Where's the Humility?

ct-tom Wrote: Aug 15, 2012 12:51 PM
Sic transit gloria mundi

America Without the 1%

ct-tom Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 3:14 PM
So, you really do have nothing to say.

Culture of Death and the Batman Shooting

ct-tom Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 3:05 PM
This sounds so out-of-place. And, of course, that is precisely the problem.

GR8, Obama Is Texting Me

ct-tom Wrote: Jul 16, 2012 12:56 PM
Lessee, Obama or the king.... I think I'd prefer George III.
It all becomes moot, though. The Obama administration will be shutting down coal-fired plants as fast as possible. Then we will have space for all those windmills. Heaven help us.

To QE or Not to QE?

ct-tom Wrote: Jul 09, 2012 8:54 AM
OK, so I m not an economist, but I did take a college course a long time ago. There, I learned that inflation results from an increase in currency supply absent an increase in the supply of goods and services. Are we expecting the latter soon? Or, will the inflation stay away for the most part until after the election? Or, maybe I don't understand: that QE is something other than printing money. Or, what? I know that he stock market likes excess cash--it has to go somewhere. But won't there be a high price to be paid for this "QE" later?

Now Available: Free "Obama" Phones

ct-tom Wrote: Jun 26, 2012 8:31 AM
Sorry, Gina, it's already too late! What nasty republican is going to take away folks' free phones right before an election?. And, people keep saying BO is dumb. Yeah, like a fox.