Of course, Panetta doesn't want to be grilled about his order. It's lacking in common sense and it is toadying to the feminist officers who yearn to be 3- and 4-star generals based on the feminist dogma of gender interchangeability and on their desire to force men...
How about this, if women can now be in ground combat units then they should be subject to the draft and register for it. We men should cry discrimination if they don't, it's all equal rights.
In a newsworthy act of political cowardice, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta ran through the Pentagon's exit door as he announced he is striking down the 1994 Combat Exclusion Law. His timing means his successor, presumably Chuck Hagel, will inherit the task of defending the order to assign women to front-line military combat.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago