Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
The Republican Party's bluster amounted to nothing except appeasement once they got into power. A job well done during the 'Reign of Error?' I say NO. Expect more Republican blathering and bloviating the next two years in regards to North Korea. It's a Slam Dunk!
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago