Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
The Republican Party's bluster amounted to nothing except appeasement once they got into power. A job well done during the 'Reign of Error?' I say NO. Expect more Republican blathering and bloviating the next two years in regards to North Korea. It's a Slam Dunk!
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago