Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
The Republican Party's bluster amounted to nothing except appeasement once they got into power. A job well done during the 'Reign of Error?' I say NO. Expect more Republican blathering and bloviating the next two years in regards to North Korea. It's a Slam Dunk!
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 31 minutes ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago