The day before the vote, however, the House Ways and Means Committee heard testimony that highlighted another, more promising way to override the health care law: Americans can refuse to comply with its command that they obtain government-approved medical coverage, which the Supreme Court has deemed a mere suggestion even though it is essential to the...
LETS JUST GET RIGHT DOWN TO IT AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN OF THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ( POOR ) THE 99 PERCENT DIVISION I AM 47 BEEN TRYING TO GET MY DISABILITY WHICH HAS SAT IN THE CORNER OF THE HEARINGS DEPT FOR THE LAST YEAR AT S.S I HAVE HAD A TUMOR REMOVED 2 YEARS AGO, THEN I CANT5 AFFORD INSURANCE BECAUSE IM OF THE( MINORTY?) WHICH YOU SO CALL IT I RAISED MY KIDS AND HAD TO TAKE JOBS THAT DID NOT OFFER HEALTH CARE AND EMPLOYED ME AS 1099 SO OUT OF MY MEAGER 15 THOUSAND A YR NET PAY THE COMPANY DIDNTOT HAVE TO PAY MY TAXES IM SUPPOSED TO, THEN THAT LEAVES SAY ABOUT11 THOUSAND A YEAR TO PUT A ROOF OVER MY CHILDREN AND MY HEAD FEED THEM PROVIDE THERE CLOTHING ( IN THE MEAN TIME IM GRANTED CHILD SUPPORT WHICH DHS DOES NOT TRY TO COLLECT BE
Last week, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka ObamaCare. It was the 33rd such vote taken by the House and, since Democrats control the Senate, no more likely to be successful than the first 32.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago