The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
You're ignorant about the process.
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 16 minutes ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Border crisis update: White House is renovating its bowling alley Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lois Lerner’s attorney backtracks: Okay, maybe she printed out ‘some’ emails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago