The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 16 hours ago