To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
Thanks for the response! Virtually any semi-automatic firearm, hand-gun or rifle, and be converted fairly easily to full auto by, for example, filing down the "sear" part which holds back the hammer after it is cocked. If the sear does not hold back the hammer, it will fall immediately on the next live round, as long as the finger depresses the trigger. I'm not a gunsmith, but I know "sear filing" is one conversion approach. Here's what happens to you the moment you convert an otherwise legally owned firearm to full auto capability: You have committed a federal felony, which will land you in prison for 5 or more years. Of course, you lose any firearms you own, without any compensation, and bear the "felony" stigma for MANY years.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 13 hours ago