To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
Thanks for the response! Virtually any semi-automatic firearm, hand-gun or rifle, and be converted fairly easily to full auto by, for example, filing down the "sear" part which holds back the hammer after it is cocked. If the sear does not hold back the hammer, it will fall immediately on the next live round, as long as the finger depresses the trigger. I'm not a gunsmith, but I know "sear filing" is one conversion approach. Here's what happens to you the moment you convert an otherwise legally owned firearm to full auto capability: You have committed a federal felony, which will land you in prison for 5 or more years. Of course, you lose any firearms you own, without any compensation, and bear the "felony" stigma for MANY years.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago