To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
I agree with Bialosky completely. Some detail on the NRA approach to an "assault weapons ban": The banners simply don't like the "look" of AR-15's (the civilian version of the military M-16). However, the AR-15 is SEMI-AUTOMATIC, as are ALL other handguns, rifles, and shotguns available legally to American citizens. So the banners focus on magazines, muzzle breaks, etc., which could easily result in the banning of numerous hunting or self-protection weapons. The Left is simply uninterested in learning ANYTHING about the nature of legal weapons in this country.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 16 hours ago