No analog could approach 192k bytes per second? Analog is infinite, friend. All of the transduction problems of analog are present in digital, with the added complication of conversion, compression, decoding and re-conversion on playback. My vinyl still sounds as alive as the best FLAC files on my network drive (played through the awesome DACs of my Oppo BD player/network media hub). I gotta say, digital done right sounds great and I have no complaints. But I have yet to find an MP3 file that sounds as good as the vinyl pressed from the same master. Just my personal experience.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago