The post office was the only game in town, because it is illegal for anyone else to deliver a letter. It is a Government monopoly. Social Security has always been a scam. The government, by force, took your money and in return promised you a "return" on your "investment". But how does a government get money? They tax their citizenry. So you are paying the "return" of that forced "investment". Then tack on that the first recipients did not pay in, and what part of this scenario sounds okay to you?
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago