Not to mention shots fired into an Obama campaign office, Obama signs stolen or cut up and another Obama office defaced with swastikas. The sad part is that we, all of us, are causing this. Go anywhere on the internet and even websites that have nothing to do with politics becomes toxic with people calling each other names. I have figured out that by now, every single person in America is a moron. Come here and call the liberals names, go to Daily Kos and call conservatives names. And all of us seem to think those who haven't decided or don't care are morons too. If American goes under, We are the barbarians who defeated the empire.
When was Alexander Hamilton President?

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 8:55 PM
Nah, from what I've read and heard, we don't think Obama's the greatest. We see reality. He has many flaws and I have been disappointed with many of his decisions. However, I see nothing to make me change course. Romney offers nothing but "trust me". Like you all, we are voting for what we see as the lesser of two evils.

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 8:39 PM
And Obama's reasoning was wrong. It's so simple. If we up our production the rest of OPEC decreases theirs. We are seeing an increase in demand from emerging countries and it is so much more lucrative for oil companies to sell their oil to Japan than stateside. Let me turn it around - I hate Romney and think he would be an unknown quantity in the White House. The state he was raised in and the state he governed are most likely going with Obama and the Salt Lake paper endorsed Obama. The country is actually doing better than you think. Does that convince you? Will you vote Obama now? Of course not. And in essence that is what I'm getting here on the opposite side. Thanks tho for replying.

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 8:23 PM
So, am I then to believe that there is no reason to vote for Romney, just against the other guy? If someone does not believe that they are suffering under Obama how do I tell them they are?

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 6:08 PM
I will just address both of your posts in one to make it easier, don't want you to think I'm ignoring your other post below. I know he's had four years, I am really trying to say that I think that our technology has made people more impatient overall. As to making things worse - the deficit has grown, Romney has said he would reduce it but not how. Gas prices are 30 cents less then they were at their peak in 2008 according to AAA. But as they are controlled on the world market, Bush could not, Obama cannot and Romney will not be able to control gas prices.. Unemployment is worse, but it does seem to be coming back slowly. Again, "it's worse under Obama" is a reason to vote against Obama, not to vote for Romney.

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 5:35 PM
nah, no money changing hands. Just a friendly bet to get her to look at other sources of info.

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 5:05 PM
I am looking. I have watched all three debates and will watch tomorrows as well. Also see above post, I have gone to Romney's site and read his ideas. I know who I am voting for, I phone bank and GOTV. I am trying to convince another to vote for Romney and the way things are going, I have got Obama is terrible and Romney won't be. How persuasive is that to a person who does not believe that Obama is a total failure and thinks that he has done some good? Should I just insult my friend and call them stupid and uninformed? Will that convince them?

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 4:49 PM
I have gone to Romney's website and read his plan. I still do not find details that I need to be persuasive. According to his site he wants to, for example - broaden the base to ensure that the tax decrease is revenue neutral - but with no detail in all 8 pages of what that entails. This is why I am asking for help. I am watching Fox, reading here and Red State. On the front page of Town Hall right now, there is not one article that has a positive reason to vote Romney. They are all reasons that Obama should lose. Where do I go?

Can a Conscientious Liberal Back Obama?

cpessell Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 3:38 PM
Well, I don't ever see a conservative saying their policies had anything to do with the economic downturn. And it does seem that in a reality show/internet/24 hour news atmosphere we want what we want now. A bad economy should be able to be fixed by next week in time for a musical number.