A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
The greatest threat to the United States is the loss of the understanding that Self Reliance is the key to our destiny. If we do not become a nation of producers again instead of consumers our dependence on a Cental Government will become so addictive that our future will be lost. Those like Barack Obama who want to see us more dependent on Government, do everything they can to insure our addiction by inhibiting or prohibiting our ability to produce. This is why he has blocked drilling for oil and gas on Federal Land and Offshore. If we become energy independent the jobs, prosperity and self reliance negates the need for a Nanny State. Progressives can't allow that and succeed with their agenda.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago