President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
IF headed in the Right Direction means "Standing Still" then you should be happy. In that last Quarter of 2012 the Economy actually shrank. Overall annual growth is barely 1.2% and with the coming inflation due to mounting debt that will amount to negative growth. Obama mentioned energy as if we actually plans to do something about it while we continue to spend $430 billion annually buying foreign oil. Wake up folks. 4 more years of Obama will be a disaster.
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 43 mins ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 4 hours ago