The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Boy this is one of those cases where I really hate to say, "I told you so" but I sent several emails to both the Romney Campaign and to American Crossroads starting back in June warning them that if they didn't mount an All-Out Counter Attack against Obama's personal attacks on Romney they couldn't win. The Romney Team strategy of "playing it safe" and taking on the role of "The Nice Guy" won't work when you're up against a "Kill Romney" campaign like Obama waged. Too many American Voters are influenced by sound bites and don't do their homework to learn the truth. Team Obama knew this and it worked.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 3 hours ago