It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
For anyone who is wondering why we have seen an increase in this type of violence over the past 40 years, you might want to look at direct correlations for your answer. What has changed in our society that would contribute to people even considering such a slaughter of other human beings? 1. Is it lack of gun control? NO, we have more gun control laws now than we did 40 years ago. 2. Is it the lack of morals, ethics and principles taught both at home and in our schools? BINGO! We no longer are allowed to even mention God in school or to teach the moral principles of the Bible to our kids. 3. Do we view killing as wrong? Not hardly when we kill millions of babies annually. 4. Do we view violence as wrong? Hardly, we promote it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago