It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
For anyone who is wondering why we have seen an increase in this type of violence over the past 40 years, you might want to look at direct correlations for your answer. What has changed in our society that would contribute to people even considering such a slaughter of other human beings? 1. Is it lack of gun control? NO, we have more gun control laws now than we did 40 years ago. 2. Is it the lack of morals, ethics and principles taught both at home and in our schools? BINGO! We no longer are allowed to even mention God in school or to teach the moral principles of the Bible to our kids. 3. Do we view killing as wrong? Not hardly when we kill millions of babies annually. 4. Do we view violence as wrong? Hardly, we promote it.
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 30 minutes ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 3 hours ago