It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
For anyone who is wondering why we have seen an increase in this type of violence over the past 40 years, you might want to look at direct correlations for your answer. What has changed in our society that would contribute to people even considering such a slaughter of other human beings? 1. Is it lack of gun control? NO, we have more gun control laws now than we did 40 years ago. 2. Is it the lack of morals, ethics and principles taught both at home and in our schools? BINGO! We no longer are allowed to even mention God in school or to teach the moral principles of the Bible to our kids. 3. Do we view killing as wrong? Not hardly when we kill millions of babies annually. 4. Do we view violence as wrong? Hardly, we promote it.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014