HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
We'll see if the Main Stream Media calls Obama on his lies, starting with his claim that he has not reduced Oil and Gas Drilling Permits Offshore and on Federal Land. The FACTS are that under Bill Clinton drilling permits increased 58%, Under George W. Bush they increased 116% but Under Obama they are down 36%. Obama instructed Ken Salazar to ignore the expert panel that Obama assembled which recommended not imposing a moratorium, and had Salazar instill a moratorium anyway. Then when a Federal Court found the moratorium illegal and banned it, Salazar at Obama's request just rewrote it and imposed a 2nd moratorium immediately.
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago