It’s wrong to say that American was founded by capitalists. In fact, America was founded by socialists who had the humility to learn from their initial mistakes and embrace freedom. One of the earliest and arguably most historically significant North American colonies was Plymouth Colony, founded in 1620 in what is now known as Plymouth, Massachusetts. As I’ve outlined in greater detail here before (Lessons From a Capitalist Thanksgiving), the original colony had written into its charter a system of communal property and labor. As William Bradford recorded in his Of Plymouth Plantation, a people who had formerly...
In response to:
And what does FORWARD get us? Well we can have $16 Trillion in debt and claim we need to take more from those who have worked hard to succeed in order to give more to those who didn't. We can add 15 million people to our Food Stamps roles since Food Stamps is a new name for Collectivism in the name of FAIRNESS. After all it's not FAIR for those people who either produce food or earn enough to afford it to be the only ones who get to eat it. Yeah, let's jump Food Stamp recipients up to 47 million. WE can extend Unemployment Benefits for 4 years. After all it's not FAIR for only those people who actually work to be the ones getting a paycheck. Yeah, FORWARD, that'll work.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 20 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 21 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 22 hours ago