It’s wrong to say that American was founded by capitalists. In fact, America was founded by socialists who had the humility to learn from their initial mistakes and embrace freedom. One of the earliest and arguably most historically significant North American colonies was Plymouth Colony, founded in 1620 in what is now known as Plymouth, Massachusetts. As I’ve outlined in greater detail here before (Lessons From a Capitalist Thanksgiving), the original colony had written into its charter a system of communal property and labor. As William Bradford recorded in his Of Plymouth Plantation, a people who had formerly...
In response to:
And what does FORWARD get us? Well we can have $16 Trillion in debt and claim we need to take more from those who have worked hard to succeed in order to give more to those who didn't. We can add 15 million people to our Food Stamps roles since Food Stamps is a new name for Collectivism in the name of FAIRNESS. After all it's not FAIR for those people who either produce food or earn enough to afford it to be the only ones who get to eat it. Yeah, let's jump Food Stamp recipients up to 47 million. WE can extend Unemployment Benefits for 4 years. After all it's not FAIR for only those people who actually work to be the ones getting a paycheck. Yeah, FORWARD, that'll work.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 8 hours ago