This is how they sold Obamacare. They asked the question, "Do you think people should be allowed to Die in the Streets because they don't have access to healthcare?" The obvious answer of course was "Hell NO." So even though there weren't any people dying in the streets (or someone would have noticed all the bodies they were stepping over) we got Obamacare. If you take Medicare, Social Security, Food Stamps and Obamacare combined we now have the largest Social Welfare Safety Net in the world but to hear the Democrats tell it we haven't done nearly enough to make AMERICA FAIR YET. We still need to raise taxes to do more.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 44 minutes ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 4 hours ago