This is how they sold Obamacare. They asked the question, "Do you think people should be allowed to Die in the Streets because they don't have access to healthcare?" The obvious answer of course was "Hell NO." So even though there weren't any people dying in the streets (or someone would have noticed all the bodies they were stepping over) we got Obamacare. If you take Medicare, Social Security, Food Stamps and Obamacare combined we now have the largest Social Welfare Safety Net in the world but to hear the Democrats tell it we haven't done nearly enough to make AMERICA FAIR YET. We still need to raise taxes to do more.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 10 hours ago