Here's how Democrats sell programs like Food Stamps. They ask the question, "Do you think anyone should starve to death in America?" Of course the obvious answer is "NO." So, we get a Food Stamp Boom instead of jobs. On the other hand if you asked the question, "Do you think we should be growing the number of people on Food Stamps OR should we be doing more to create Private Sector Jobs?" You get a completely different answer. This is how Obama has been able to kill Domestic Energy and the more than 9 million jobs that would come with it and get re-elected. And we're too stupid to see it.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- 12 questions the White House press corps could have asked Obama about Obamacare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal judge: Utah’s ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Why Sen. Landrieu might be pretty pumped about Sen. Baucus’s nomination to the ambassadorship to China Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN reporter to Obama at press conference: What’s your New Year’s resolution? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 14% of Republicans disapprove of Obama because … he’s not liberal enough? Allahpundit 8 hours ago