Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
I could support a plan very much like the one George W. Bush proposed whereby those here illegally for sevaral years would be given the opportunity to apply for Citizenship on a Fast Track system so long as they agreed to register, meet all the current Citizenship requirements, pay all taxes and Social Security payments that current citizens pay and abide by our laws. I could also support a "Guest Worker" program where employers would first be required to submit what their needs are and prove that current citizens weren't willing to preform those jobs and an accurate account of who comes and goes was maintained. This is how the Bracero Program worked back in the 1940s and 50s and it worked.
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 4 hours ago