Are We Detroit?

corPARAnoid Wrote: Aug 17, 2013 6:16 PM
Detroit was undune by Reducing Taxes to the Corporations, a common practice in many cities in the US. Poor City & State Planning messed this up, but these people are Not the ones who suffer from their short-sided approach. The underlying segregation between white & black ,rich & poor neighborhoods, lack of diversitication in industry sectors did them in. It is the heart of 'bottom lining' crony capitalism of us vs. them approach & providing very little of value in return. Elected officials who cannot Balance a Budget or in their case IMPROVE the (many years of) -negative cash flow, should never be electable again. It's the Crony Capitalism of the elite getting there's and having the regular Tax payer pay for it. The Middle-Class is being squeezed into the less wealth bucket & we're tired of having that bucket kicked around by those w/Handouts for more of the same. Political Corruption must Cease! Honorable Servants of ALL the people must be Common Place.

Battle of the Sexes

corPARAnoid Wrote: Aug 14, 2013 4:42 PM
I did custodial work as a Second job & it PAID better than Retail Service Work. I also did volunteer work at the same College, while working FULL Time at a Big 500 Company. Years later I bumped into my x-co-workers I had trained (at another company I contracted out too ). They said they left Top 500 Company because their salary increase was too low & it slipped out how much they were making... I felt ROBBED. 30% more in Salary, 50% more in Salary/Bonus Increase to KEEP them than I had received. I trained them, I wrote several Documents / Standards / Guide Lines , that were SHARED across several SITES. I had actually been promoted to a higher Programnmer Position--where the Salary & Bonus was LESS. When I got Re-Hired by said Company--things had improved, but agan I was offered LESS by a Male Mgr. than a Female Mgr. who had a better position to boot. Guess which one I took. Woman are Excellent multi-taskers, but they don't promote or emote their successes or work to their superiors as much as Men do.

Battle of the Sexes

corPARAnoid Wrote: Aug 14, 2013 4:17 PM
Seriously depressed reading the comments below & the tired/lazy comments above mostly made up of other people's quotes - 'agenda think for you' from John. Having personally felt the difference in my pocket book/purchasing power: Lower Bonuses, delayed Salary Increases, Lower Salary Increases ... were the Male counterparts I trained in a Top 500 Company that doesn't want us to SHARE our Salaries ... actually got exposed. Where your past Salary follows you through-out your career and has a direct affect on the long term monies & job opportunities you are eligible for. It only crosses political lines when politicians get benefitis for keeping the status quo. It's a Corporate 'Bottom Lining' campaign to pay a majority of Women less than their Male counterparts. I had one Mgr. explain to me that I was 'Single' vs the 'Married - Man' who had to support a Family. When you loose 25% off your Salary over a life-time & multiply that by 100M women ...that's alot of money saved by the Employer's. Sure they have a few 'Token' female stars to keep the rest satisfied that there is NO Glass Ceiling, but it's a FACT nevertheless. My three sisters also had similar stories. Until you are a Woman will you really know. Discrimination equates to money $aved.

Don't Blame Romney

corPARAnoid Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 5:09 PM
Well, this is the First time I'm impressed by an article by Ann. Though she did miss what actually came out of Romney's own mouth that also added to his loss. It certainly doesn't help: o Having a pricely dinner for wealthy whites only and talk about the other 47%, o When Bain Capital a venture (vulture) capitalist corporation that is still closing plants and shipping the job over to China. o He won't restore Tax levels for wealthy 1-6% People & Corps, and favors tricke down economics. o When his Budget plan w/increased MIC spending, doesn't add up to a balanced budget. o That the republican base wants to go backwards 20-40-80 years. o When he lies & flip flops.

Gross Misconceptions

corPARAnoid Wrote: Nov 07, 2012 12:43 PM
yes, I Love that . Now there is a glimmer of hope for the REST of the Main Street / Middle Class to gain some momentum. It will happen now, it just takes a little time based on each community/counties planning. Invest in Main Street first.

We Fund Dependency

corPARAnoid Wrote: Oct 26, 2012 3:09 PM
I guess you need 2ASK the right people. Our SCORE (non-profit) CAL organization takes you thru their Job & Networking process, additional Resume/Phone Interviews/Submitting RESUME on-line, several motivating classes 2keep you prepared. They even required a 16 hr commitment to work in their volunteer positions-ACTIVE. The BEST, their Friday's Network Auditorium Group Session where people told of openings they found but weren't qualified for. By 2-3, I found my next Job. I went diff 3 times, when I was a Contractor. My turnaround was 2 mo. to hire,.the avg was 4 mo. I have never collected unemployment. It's not only about Getting a job, it's keeping yourself prepared, networking, and dare I say Debit vs Credit Card, 6mo. Salary Saved

Figures Don't Lie: Democrats Do

corPARAnoid Wrote: Oct 22, 2012 3:38 AM
The arrogant apostles of corp nazism (like Ann Coulter) MUST use the tactics of distraction, bold lying, demons and smears in order to sell/defend their toxic policies, She has NO choice in being nothing but controversal...so voters who realize this quickly will see the 'TRUE' reality of any political issue/situation.

Ann Coulter on "The View"

corPARAnoid Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 1:11 PM
Ann is a paid Spin Doctor. Her main objective is to stir up controversy. It's her signature style and anyone or anything is fair game. Did you know she tried running as a liberal? and then a democrate? Something she now abhors. Whatever pays the bills, garners publicity and her 15 minutes of fame. I respect Glen Beck alot more than her.

Ann Coulter on "The View"

corPARAnoid Wrote: Oct 21, 2012 12:42 PM
Have you Looked at the numbers for Food Stamps? Do you live in an area hit by: hurricanes, tornadoes, recession? Have you lost your Job? And/or the only job you could get was a Wal-mart where they TEACH you how to apply for Food Stamps, because it's alot easier for them to pay you below living wage and let the Gov subsidize their income. Yes, the Food Stamp numbers are high, but they do vary (up or down, down or up) over regions, over educational levels up to PH.D's. Lump summing recipients of Food Stamps into the prejudicial categoies as you listed ...does that mean that defines you too!?! There were a majority of food stamp recipients proceeding the bank ballouts and subsequent recession repercusions. Regional areas recover...
Larry, could you do some Research on the number of WAL-MART employee's use Food Stamps? Give us some facts please on who or what is causing this increase? Isn't that a trend of Wal-Mart not to provide a 'living wage' but to allow the government to subsidize their employee's income? {Similar to their Dead Peasants Insurance/Interest Scam.} And then once you investigate that, how many 'WORKING' people use Food Stamps? How many PH.D's ...or better yet the Educational level who are collecting Food Stamps? What was the growth in Food Stamps due to: you know Tornado's, Hurricanes, the Recession? Did they decline afterwards? What's the cost of Administering Food Stamps both Federal & State, and which elites (both sides) get those jobs?