Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
Excuse me. I thought a 10 minute youtube video caused the Benghazi riot. If that's the case then a 2 hour movie about the killing of terrorist #1 should have the entire middle east up in arms.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 59 minutes ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 17 hours ago